“I am most passionate about helping truly fearful children achieve dental success and optimal oral health by working with them to complete a treatment procedure and for them to not only feel relieved afterward, but also to feel confident. My ultimate goal being to help enable children to overcome these fears in order to be a life-long participant in their own oral health.
“I am most excited about promoting a happy environment for both kids and our staff—one that we all love being a part of.” – Dr. Bunch
Dr. Sheridan Bunch is a board-certified Diplomate in the specialty of pediatric dentistry and works diligently to ensure that patients receive the utmost standard of care.
Education and Continuing Education
- Certificate in Postdoctoral Pediatric Dentistry – University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School – San Antonio, TX, June 2014
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School – San Antonio, TX, May 2011
- Master of Education, Exercise Physiology – University of Texas – Austin, TX, December 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Physiology, University of Connecticut – Storrs, CT, December 2002
Dr. Bunch is a staunch advocate for continuing education. Staying current with the latest research on pediatric dentistry and its materials and procedures enables her to continue to practice in an evidence-based manner. This is crucial in order for her to provide the utmost care to her patients and to obtain trust and assurance from the families. Checking in with her fellow pediatric colleagues and learning from them at CE events allows Dr. Bunch to keep her practice philosophy focused and to continue to grow as a professional.
- College of Diplomates/ American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Diplomate
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Capital Area Dental Society
Family and Community
Dr. Bunch is married to Jon Cody (JC) Bunch, who is the head baseball coach of Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX. They have been happily married since 2005 and cherish their greatest accomplishments, their three sons Brooks, Briggs, and Mack. The family enjoys being outdoors, participating in and watching sporting events, and spending time with extended family and friends.
When not in the dental office, Dr. Bunch can be found playing outdoors with her kids, running, biking at Soul Cycle, and enjoying fine dining.
Dr. Bunch is also active in her community. In addition to volunteering with the Junior League of Austin, she participates in Drive a Senior, which assists the elderly to and from appointments, running errands, or completing daily tasks. Dr. Bunch believes that we all need to serve in our communities in various manners and by doing so, she is able to interact with a non-pediatric population, one that is very much neglected and in need of human interaction.